Vitamin D Liquid
Vitamin D Liquid from Thorne is a high quality vitamin D3 supplement in liquid form. Vitamin D3 is especially important for children between 0–2 years. Thorne’s D-drops are free of sorbitol, butylhydroxyanisole, propyl gallate, sorbic acid and saccharin sodium found in regular Vitamin D-drops.
- 500 IU 12,5 µg vitamin D3 per drop
- Easily administered drops for both children and adults
- Can be mixed with food and drinks
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Free from sorbitol, butylhydroxyanisole, propyl gallate, sorbic acid and saccharin sodium found in d rops
- Tested from free of gluten, artificial fillers, dyes, and additives
- Buy now, pay later.
- Free shipping over €100
- Secure & worry-free shopping
- In stock
Vitamin D Liquid
Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin, is produced by the skin when it is exposed to sunlight. Although direct sunlight exposure is a great source of vitamin D, due to the use of sunscreen, seasonal changes, geography, and lifestyle, many individuals don’t get enough sun, so they can be prone to having a low level of vitamin D. Therefore, finding the best vitamin D supplement can provide great health benefits. Thorne’s Vitamin D Liquid for adults and children makes supplementation easy.
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
Features of Thorne's Vitamin D Liquid
- Liquid form makes supplementation easy to customise for adults and children
- Can be mixed with food or beverages for ease of use
- Formulated with vitamin D3, a more potent and better absorbed form than vitamin D2
- In a base of medium-chain triglyceride oil without soy oil or sesame oil, and is preserved with mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin E)
- The self-dispensing top provides accurate and individualised dosing by metering individual drops
You could be at risk of a vitamin D deficiency if you
- Rarely go outdoors, live in the northern latitudes, or have a darker skin tone
- Have limited sun exposure due to your occupation, clothing choices, or engage in indoor athletics rather than outdoor sports
- Regularly wear sunscreen with an SPF greater than 8
- Are an older adult (the risk of a deficiency increases with age beginning at age 50)
- Have a chronic health condition, such as a bowel disease or a surgical procedure (like gastric bypass), that can decrease fat absorption
- Are obese
|Amount per serving (1 drop)||% of NRV|
|Vitamin D3 (500 IU)||12,5 µg||250|
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
*NRV not established
Medium chain triglycerides, mixed tocopherols.
The drops can be mixed in food or liquid. Hold the bottle upside down to dispense from the dropper.
Children 0–2 years are recommended 400 IU per day. One drop of Thorne's D drops with vitamin D3 contains 500 IU, which means that every fifth days you give your child no drop at all.
Children 2–5 years of age with special needs, 400 IU per day is recommended. One drop of Thorne's D drops with vitamin D3 contains 500 IU, which means that every fifth days you give your child no drop at all.
One 30 ml bottle contains 1200 drops.
Do not exceed suggested dosage. Keep out of the reach of children. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place. Do not expose food supplements to direct sunlight, heat or humidity. Manufactured in the U.S. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking medications, contact your healthcare provider before taking this product. Do not refrigerate.