Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin from Thorne is a highly bioavailable vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system, to the normal function of the immune system and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Vitamin B12 also contributes to normal red blood cell formation.
- Highly bioavailable vitamin B12
- Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Tested from free of gluten, artificial fillers, dyes, and additives
- Buy now, pay later.
- Free shipping over €100
- Secure & worry-free shopping
- In stock
Many vitamin B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin as the active ingredient, which the liver must first "detoxify" and modify to form methylcobalamin – an active form of vitamin B12 that is essential for processes involved in cardiac function, sleep, blood cell formation, and nerve function. Thorne's Vitamin B12, as Methylcobalamin, provides vitamin B12 in its already biologically active and tissue-ready form. Clinical evidence indicates that the body uses methylcobalamin more efficiently than cyanocobalamin. Methylcobalamin helps maintain normal circadian rhythms to promote normal sleep and supports healthy methylation processes in the body.
Methylcobalamin is essential for the body to recycle homocysteine and to form the internal methyl donors involved in cardiovascular function, sleep, blood cell formation, and nerve function.* Most vitamin B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin; however, the liver must first "detoxify" the cyanide molecule in cyanocobalamin and then attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin.
Although research shows the quantity of cobalamin detected following an oral dose of methylcobalamin is similar to the amount following administration of cyanocobalamin, significantly more cobalamin accumulates in liver tissue following administration of methylcobalamin. And the urinary excretion of methylcobalamin is about one-third that of a similar dose of cyanocobalamin, indicating substantially greater tissue retention of the former.
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B12 contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B12 has a role in the process of cell division
|Amount per serving (1 cap)||% of NRV|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||1 mg||40 000|
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
*NRV not established
Hypromellose capsule, leucine, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide.
1 capsule 1–3 times/day. If you find it difficult to swallow the capsule, it can be opened, and its content can be sprinkled on food or into drinks that should be consumed immediately.
Do not exceed suggested dosage. Keep out of the reach of children. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place. Do not expose food supplements to direct sunlight, heat or humidity. Manufactured in the U.S. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking medications, contact your healthcare provider before taking this product.