Manganese Bisglycinate from Thorne contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, to normal energy-yielding metabolism, to the normal formation of connective tissue and to the maintenance of normal bones. The product is no longer manufactured. However, there are some other minerals and vitamins that can have similar effects in certain areas. Please see below for replacement products.
- Manganese in bisglycinate form
- Contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Contributes to the normal formation of connective tissue
- Cofactor for superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- Tested from free of gluten, artificial fillers, dyes, and additives
- Buy now, pay later with Klarna.
- Free Shipping on orders over €100
- Out of stock
Manganese Bisglycinate from Thorne contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, to normal energy-yielding metabolism, to the normal formation of connective tissue and to the maintenance of normal bones
Manganese tends to concentrate in the mitochondria, as well as in the bones, liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and is an essential component of healthy carbohydrate metabolism, reproductive function, and skeletal and cartilage development. Manganese supplementation supports connective tissue health, providing benefits for ligaments, tendons, joints, and muscles. Manganese also supports the function of antioxidants as an essential cofactor for superoxide dismutase (SOD), an enzyme that protects cell membranes from oxidative damage. Manganese Bisglycinate is a fully reacted mineral chelate that exhibits optimal absorbability.
Manganese is a critical element in two metalloenzymes – pyruvate decarboxylase and superoxide dismutase – both of which are involved in energy production and immune function. It also activates various enzymes that facilitate the synthesis of protein and DNA in the production of mucopolysaccharides that are found in cartilage.
Manganese is an essential cofactor for superoxide dismutase (SOD), an enzyme that protects cell membranes from lipid peroxidation and other harmful processes; therefore, a manganese deficiency can contribute to an SOD deficiency.
The product is no longer manufactured. However, there are some other minerals and vitamins that can have similar effects in certain areas:
- Zinc is a mineral that participates in many enzymatic reactions and is involved in the body's metabolism. It also plays a role in the functioning of the immune system and wound healing.
- Copper is another trace element that is important for the formation of red blood cells, collagen production, and iron absorption. It can also contribute to maintaining a healthy nervous function.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect the body's cells against oxidative stress. It can also support the immune system and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin C is an important antioxidant and plays a role in collagen production, wound healing, and the functioning of the immune system. It can also help increase iron absorption from the diet.
|Amount per serving (1 cap)||% of NRV|
|Manganese (Bisglycinate Chelate)||15 mg||750|
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
*NRV not established
Calcium laurate, hypromellose capsule, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide.
1 capsule 1–2 times/day. If you find it difficult to swallow the capsule, it can be opened, and its content can be sprinkled on food or into drinks that should be consumed immediately.
Do not exceed suggested dosage. Keep out of the reach of children. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place. Do not expose food supplements to direct sunlight, heat or humidity. Manufactured in the U.S. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking medications, contact your healthcare provider before taking this product.