DiCalcium Malate from Thorne is a high elemental calcium supplement. Thorne's DiCalcium Malate (DimaCal®), with 250 mg per capsule, is more concentrated than other forms of calcium (such as calcium carbonate), and is absorbed significantly better than calcium carbonate.
- Easily absorbed calcium
- Contributes to maintaining normal bones and teeth
- Contributes to normal muscle function.
- Tested from free of gluten, artificial fillers, dyes, and additives
- Buy now, pay later with Klarna.
- Free Shipping on orders over €100
- In stock
Research indicates that a large proportion of the adult population does not consume the 1 300 mg of calcium the authorities recommend for daily dietary intake. Individuals who are at the most risk for calcium inadequacy because of decreased intake, disordered metabolism, decreased absorption, increased loss, or increased need include peri- and postmenopausal women, vegans, individuals who take certain prescription and OTC medications, and those with a vitamin D deficiency (because vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption). Thorne's DiCalcium Malate (DimaCal®), with 250 mg per capsule, is more concentrated than other forms of calcium (such as calcium carbonate), and is absorbed significantly better than calcium carbonate.
DiCalcium Malate consists of one molecule of malic acid that is bound to two molecules of calcium, which results in a compound that is 29-percent calcium – compared to calcium citrate, which is 19-percent calcium – thus resulting in more elemental calcium per capsule.
- Calcium contributes to normal blood clotting
- Calcium contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Calcium contributes to normal muscle function
- Calcium contributes to normal neurotransmission
- Calcium contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes
- Calcium has a role in the process of cell division and specialisation
- Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
- Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal teeth
Those individuals most at risk for inadequate calcium intake are:
- Peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women
- Women with irregular menstruation, particularly women in which this is due to prolonged athletic activity or strenuous military service
- Individuals on a dairy-free diet
- Vegetarians and vegans, because their diets are higher in plant-derived phytates and oxalates that inhibit calcium absorption
- Pregnant women, particularly women with a history of gestational hypertension
- Individuals on prescription and OTC medications such as antacids (H2 blockers or proton pump inhibitors) that can inhibit absorption, or glucocorticoids such as prednisone that can increase calcium loss
- Individuals with a vitamin D deficiency – because vitamin D is necessary for calcium absorption
|Amount per serving (1 cap)||% of NRV|
|Calcium (Dicalcium Malate)||250 mg||31|
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
*NRV not established
Hypromellose capsule, medium chain triglycerides
1 capsule 2 times/day. If you find it difficult to swallow the capsule, it can be opened, and its content can be sprinkled on food or into drinks that should be consumed immediately.
Do not exceed suggested dosage. Keep out of the reach of children. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place. Do not expose food supplements to direct sunlight, heat or humidity. Manufactured in the U.S. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking medications, contact your healthcare provider before taking this product.